Welcome to the Ceilometer developer documentation!
The ceilometer project aims to deliver a unique point of
contact for billing systems to acquire all of the measurements they
need to establish customer billing, across all current OpenStack core
components with work underway to support future OpenStack components.
What is the purpose of the project and vision for it?
- Provide efficient collection of metering data, in terms of CPU and
- Allow deployers to integrate with the metering system directly or by
- Data may be collected by monitoring notifications sent from existing
services or by polling the infrastructure.
- Allow deployers to configure the type of data collected to meet
their operating requirements.
- The data collected by the metering system is made visible to some
users through a REST API.
- The metering messages are signed and non-repudiable.
This documentation offers information on ceilometer works and how to
contribute to the project.